Re: SLED 10 Gets More Praises From Reviewers

  • Subject: Re: SLED 10 Gets More Praises From Reviewers
  • From: Mustafa Shufti <Mustafa.Shufti@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:24:37 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ginsu Warrior wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Smooth Sailing With Novell's SLED 10

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell should be proud of this latest release. SLED 10 is hands down the
| most polished desktop Linux distribution I've ever used. If Novell can
| sustain the level of effort it put into this release for future versions,
| SLED will rapidly become a serious contender for enterprise workstation
| use.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsssstory/517968.html

Wow. A lintard rag praising a crappy lintard distro. What do you expect?

Hmmm, I'm just trying SLED 10 RC3.

Currently installing onto a Celeron 1.6GHz with 384MB and a 20GB HDD - installing a basic system with Gnome desktop.

Its going to take *one and half hours* to complete the install from 4 CD's (2.83MB from the 4th CD).

Not exactly an awe inspiringly fast install is it?