Re: [News] 10 Reasons Why Micrsoft's iPod Clone Will Flop

__/ [ alt ] on Friday 14 July 2006 22:48 \__

> John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> ,----[ Opening Remark ]
>>
>> I have a Sandisk m-200 and I think it's great.
>>
>> Sandisk is the number two seller of mp3 players just behind Apple and
>> in the past few years it's stock has been performing quite well.
>>

> I have a Sandisk Sansa e130. I'm quite pleased with it. The only thing I
> don't like about it is its boot time when I have a 2GB SD card plugged into
> it.

Please excuse my ignorance, but why would you need to reboot? And why would
the process of bootsrapping need to scan the content of the entire card /a
priori/ and be slowed by the capacity? There is no such issue with Palm OS
devices (cards whose size exceeds 1.7 GB can cause trouble however). And
unless you have a LifeDrive or plenty of hackware, it take just a couple of
seconds to boot (maybe once a month, with reliable S/W).