Re: [News] Russian Linux Development Firm Expands

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 23:19 \__

begin  oe_protect.scr
From Russia with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Russian outsourcing provider Luxoft has opened a second Eastern
| European development office. The Odessa, Ukraine office will focus
| on "embedded systems, real-time, and Linux development," according to
| the company...

Wow - The Odessa.  Now, for those of us of a certain age, I'm sure that
brings a very strong meaning.
Means literally nothing to me. Reminds me of Andy Williams for some odd
reason. Must be the similar song/cover title...

Odessa was supposedly a secret organisation of SS Nazi's set up towards the end of WW2, it was an acronym in german.

Google, google..... Organisation der ehemaligen SS-Angehörigen

Nice article on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODESSA

"The Odessa File" was a book by Frederick Forsyth, later made into a movie (1972 I think), it dealt with a journalist tracking down an ex-SS officer.

Hang on..... Ah there it is, it was 1974 it's on IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071935/

Very good movie, one of the few that do the original book justice.

There you go, more than you ever wanted to know about Odessa