Re: [News] Dell Offers Linux Applications

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 13 July 2006 07:57 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Running Linux on a Dell? Dell has some cool apps for you.
>>>

> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Running_Linux_on_a_Dell_Dell_has_some_cool_apps_for_you.
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>>         http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml
>>
>> Wow - things are getting worse all the time for MS, and better for
>> Linux.  Only a couple of years ago, MS still had Dell over the barrel,
>> knickers down...  starting to look the other way around, now.
>
> Allow me to add an intersting quote.
>
> ,----[ Snippet ]
>| One company has not played a role in Dell's Linux decisions. "Microsoft
>| has not talked to us about Linux. If they did, I wouldn't care. It's none
>| of their business," concluded Dell.
> `----
>
>                 http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS3822185143.html

That's an excellent article.  It's particularly interesting to note that
Dell will do the integration on orders of 50 or more PCs, which is
probably from orders in the region of £10,000 and up by today's prices.
Even a relatively tiny business could consider that.  It was also
worthwhile noting that Ubuntu is the favourite for the desktop, and that
Dell have been working with Ubuntu on drivers.

The world has changed.

Killing turkeys causes winter.