Re: [News] Dell Offers Linux Applications

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 13 July 2006 07:57 \__

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Running_Linux_on_a_Dell_Dell_has_some_cool_apps_for_you.

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Dell is slowing supporting Linux more and more. They even have a Linux
>>| on Dell resource site. You can better support your your BIOS or even
>>| upgrade it using their conversion kit from the Windows only exe to a RPM.
>> `----
>>
>>         http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml
>
> Wow - things are getting worse all the time for MS, and better for
> Linux.  Only a couple of years ago, MS still had Dell over the barrel,
> knickers down...  starting to look the other way around, now.

Allow me to add an intersting quote.

,----[ Snippet ]
| One company has not played a role in Dell's Linux decisions. "Microsoft
| has not talked to us about Linux. If they did, I wouldn't care. It's none
| of their business," concluded Dell.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: stop maintenance; get more actual work done
Tasks: 180 total,   2 running, 160 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie