Re: Kororra XGL, interesting

  • Subject: Re: Kororra XGL, interesting
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:00:08 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann
<peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:37:13 +0200
<e957nv$pga$00$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Jim wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> __/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 13 July 2006 00:23 \__

>>> Whichever distro it may be, this will probably be a GPL violation. I made
>>> suggestions before, but I am saddened to see they were no good... I know
>>> that SLED 10 (RC3 free download) can install NVidia drivers at ease.
>>> Here'e a shot:
>>>

> http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/SLED10:_Configuring_and_Using_Desktop_Effects_(Xgl)
>>

> Nice link: (There is currently no text in this page)

I suspect a malfunction precluding one's reading the link
in this case; it comes up fine for me.  Admittedly, I
don't see much beyond a set of installation instructions,
complete with requester images and a picture of the XGL
"Cube" at the very end.  (I've not gotten the "Cube" to
work in Gentoo but the XGL/Gnome workspace switcher does
behave in a cubelike fashion, while it's switching sides.)

The requesters also look reasonable if somewhat incomplete,
going through the technical aspects of downloading and
installing a couple of modules.  The incompleteness,
however, is incidental, not critical; presumably anyone
using SuSE would know how to use SaX2.  (I don't, but I
don't have SuSE. :-) Gentoo uses a different if similar
procedure, and is primarily text-based.)

[rest snipped]

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.