Re: [News] Croatian Government Prepares Policy for OSS in Offices

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 22:32 \__

http://kost.com.hr/blog/index.php?title=croatian_government_defined_open_source_&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

>> Original:
>>
>> http://www.e-hrvatska.hr/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=132 (in
>> Croatian)
>
> Fantastic!  It is truly a rare thing to see governments taking the lead,
> but in this area, so many are doing such a good job.  I'm just waiting
> for HMG to wake up to this!

I saw a comment which refers to similar efforts in Slovenia. There is a
particular Linux advocate there whom I sort of know (electronically) and he
seems to suggest that the region as a whole is examining a move to Open
Source technologies. I find many people from these countires in SourceForge.

Best wishes,