Re: [Mews] Graphics Card Offer Improved Linux Support

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 23:01 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Ray Ingles <sorceror@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 2006-07-12, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>>  The main thing they complained about with Linux drivers was how hard it
>> was to enable overclocking. For their target market that might be
>> important, but for me that has no attraction at all. I want stable first
>> and formost, after that I'll worry about fast.
>>
>>  Linux is actually an excellent platform to develop games for. OpenGL is
>> nice for graphics, and SDL really *is* a Simple, Direct media Layer.
>> What with console releases being important, the engines are
>> cross-platform *anyway*, so a Linux version isn't particularly difficult
>> to make. We're seeing it more and more now.

Sadly, there are some sabotage attempts.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/openglvista

,----[ Quote ]

`----

> It would make huge sense to start in SDL, I think.  There's something
> rather amusing about using the caca library for rendering a film :-)

*LOL* I remember the first time that I saw somebody mention libcaca, the
context being bad names of Linux applications or, as in this case, a
library.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: just set it and forget about it
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
roy      pts/4                         Thu Jul 13 05:45 - 05:46  (00:00)