Re: [Mews] Graphics Card Offer Improved Linux Support

On 2006-07-13, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  Linux is actually an excellent platform to develop games for. OpenGL is
>>> nice for graphics

> Sadly, there are some sabotage attempts.

>| This means that OpenGL applications in Windows Vista will, most
>| likely, suffer from severe performance loss, that, when an OpenGL driver
>| is loaded, the Windows operating system will have odd behaviours

 I was worried abut that a while back but the PS3 uses OpenGL ES as its
rendering API. Game companies will *not* ignore the PS3, so there will
be plenty of engines rendering to OpenGL.

--
 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                     (313) 227-2317

 Linux is as much about being Communist, as is the phrase, "of
 the people, by the people, and for the people". - Jon Sculley