Re: Windows Server 2003 R2 vs. Linux (eWeek)

After takin' a swig o' grog, NoNamer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> I think it's one of the best articles yet from a usual Linux biased
> media source.

You don't read eWeek much, do you?

> Yes, both platforms could have been more optimized had there been
> experts there, but as the article points out, most shops use the
> default configurations.

Sure they do.  Sure they do.

Now show evidence that they do.

I wouldn't.

> And it clearly shows that Windows Server can keep up or beat Linux in
> most configurations.

No, it doesn't.  It is one data point.

> Even those that run OSS applications seems to
> highly favor Windows Server 2003 R2 over Linux - quite surprising find
> IMO.

Not really.

--
   Reinvent yourself! -- Bill Gates