Re: [News] Windows 98: Microsoft Shoots Own Foot, Linux to Gain

begin  oe_protect.scr
High Plains Thumper <hpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Erik Funkenbusch on Tuesday:

>>> http://techsearch.cmp.com/blog/archives/2006/07/microsoft_i
>>> s_sh.html?loc=software_and_web_development

>>> Upgrades are free; requirement barriers are merely
>>> unchanged owing to modularity and customisation. Last
>>> followup, but it was so obvious, so it had to be stated.
>>
>> Upgrades are not necessarily free, but even if they are,
>> that's beside the point.  If you bought your copy of Linux,
>> why wouldn't you buy another one?
>
> Your point is pointless.

I'm afraid that the points of proprietary code zealots usually are.

If any man wishes to be humbled and mortified, let him become president
of Harvard.
		-- Edward Holyoke