Re: [News] Windows 98: Microsoft Shoots Own Foot, Linux to Gain

http://techsearch.cmp.com/blog/archives/2006/07/microsoft_is_sh.html?loc=software_and_web_development

> So, when was the last time a patch was released for Red Hat 4?  Suse 3?
> Mandrake 5?

Any time a patch comes out for the kernel or it's patches... No big deal.
RH4, S3 and M5 are every bit as current as "today"....

> Windows 98 is 8 years old.  No linux vendor is still supporting systems
> they sold that long ago.

All I need do is walk down my street... Most of my neighbors STILL struggle
keeping win98 and winme going... I've done more to advocate Linux in my
neighborhood than anyone else has done for windows. :')

Cheers.

--

Jerry McBride