Re: How much safer is Ubuntu than windows?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 31 July 2006 16:49 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Sinister Midget <phydeaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 2006-07-31, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
>> something concerning:
>>> __/ [ Hadron Quark ] on Monday 31 July 2006 13:27 \__
>>>
> <snip>
>>>
>>> Try restarrting the sound server (e.g. arts)
>>>
>>> killall HUP artsd && artsd
>>
>> slobrains isn't interested in fixes. Otherwise s/h/it would have found
>> multiple ways to kill/restart processes, restart services, etc.
>>

> I suppose if you're really a windows person, then rebooting is the
> "natural" choice.

No access to what precedes a certain so-called runlevel? I don't think you
can get config.sys, for example, to have an effect without a reboot. But I'm
not too sure... cmd/command.com were never tools that beg to be used. They
were neglected and made detracted (a mistake which Monad attempts to make up
for).

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
Swap:  1036184k total,   391352k used,   644832k free,    79620k cached