Re: Recycle Bin not enough, Microsoft adds "Previous Versions" support on the file system level

__/ [ Jim ] on Monday 31 July 2006 15:06 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Jim ] on Monday 31 July 2006 14:38 \__

>>> I have the toolkit with which I can retrieve data from even "hidden"
>>> parts of a hard disk. I also have the toolkit with which I can utterly
>>> destroy any data on the drive, at the bit level. Of course, see the
>>> .sig... ;)
>>
>> The  folks at New Zealand (was it Gutman?) would argue  that
>> the hammer won't do the job, either. It's recoverable, given
>> patience  and tools. I happened to give a talk about it last
>> year                                                       <
>> http://schestowitz.com/Speaking/2005/September/Data_Recovery/
>>>. The later parts are about disposal, which is important in
>> the medical domain.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>>

> hehe... you should see the state of headcrashed notebook drives when I'm
> done with 'em...
>
> they take a trip down to the range. By the end of the night, they have one
> or two holes about one fifth of an inch wide through the boards, and what's
> left of the platters are pouring through like sand through an eggtimer.
>
> Toshibas are particularly fun. They explode.

Reminds me of a video that I watched yesterday:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MVMjkLoWq00

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
  3:20pm  up 11 days  3:35,  10 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.78, 0.83