Re: [News] Linux Brings Parallel Computing to Mainstream

flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:05:09 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:
>

>> Dont ask Roy. I doubt if he reads even one hundreth of what he posts -
>> and if he does I'd like to know how it benefits his studies - its
>> certainly not enhancing his CV.
>
> How could he.
> That would take up the one hour he has left to eat,sleep,shit and do his
> studies.
>
> As for enhancing his CV, when Roy starts looking for a real job, he is
> going to learn real fast that HR departments like to Google the names of
> prospective employees just to see if anything odd turns up.
> They will be so overloaded with information that they are going to assume
> the guy is an Internet nutsack and unless he is offering them something
> real special in terms of skills, they will move right along.

That did actually concern me, not that I know him personally. But having
been involved in hiring technical staff for many reasons I would say
that your statement is true. Having said that, Roy isnt a nutter : just
overly zealous in posting this ridiculous amount of purile information
that any real Linux advocate/enthusiast can find for themselves - surely
the mandate of COLA is that only winlosers would need to be so spoon fed?