Re: [More News] Microsoft to charge for Office beta

  • Subject: Re: [More News] Microsoft to charge for Office beta
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 08:12:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Freeride ] on Sunday 30 July 2006 07:50 \__

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+to+charge+for+Office+beta/2100-1012_3-6099987.html?tag=nefd.top

> <snip />
>
>>Micrsoft also plans next month to install coin operated pay toilets on
>>its Redmond campus. Microsoft spokeswoman said that bathroom trips are up
>>300% this year and that they need to offset the cost of water and
>>restroom maintenance. Employees are going be charged $.50 per trip, but
>>to help reduce this $.50 cost they are encouraged to partner up.

I couldn't find this in the cited article. Could it be under TalkBack?

I guess one could choose to use the toilets that are still under beta, for
free. They sometimes, but not always, flush the wrong way around. BSoD
(bubble splash of death). They must also be flushed (rebooted) at least once
a day. Occasionally, they will wipe the sh*t (Windows) to clean up the
blockage (system Registry).