Re: Deal aims to move 50,000 Asian Windows desktops to Linux

  • Subject: Re: Deal aims to move 50,000 Asian Windows desktops to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 07:04:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ goldfox.79@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 30 July 2006 05:36 \__

> I visit Co-Create's website, and screenshots of the Co-Create desktop
> linux look like MS Windows. I think one of advantures of Co-Create is
> its Co-Create office, which is well compatible with MS office. For most
> PC users, MS office is the most frequently used office software.
>
> The fee of Co-Create desktop linux is 398 Chinese Yuan (about 50 US
> dollars) per copy, and the update fee is 80 Chinese Yuan (about 10 US
> dollars0 per annual.
>
> http://www.co-create.com.cn/images/linuxPic-big.jpg

This is quite disturbingly similar to XP. I would hate to think that the Blue
"E" icon actually points to Firefox. I wonder if it's WinE'd IE.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
Tasks: 131 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie