Re: [News] Microsoft Wants to Design OEM's Computers to Suit Windows Vista

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Saturday 29 July 2006 17:07 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft: PCs need a major design makeover
>>
>> Company's designers want hardware to have 'Vista sensibility'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Doesn't sound much like Microsoft, does it? But it is. BusinessWeek
>> | has learned that a team of 20 in-house designers has been working
>> | quietly for the past 18 months on an elegant new look for PCs that will
>> | run Microsoft's next operating system, Windows Vista. It's a major
>> | departure for the company, which historically has left design to the
>> | likes of Dell, Hewlett-Packard, and Gateway. Persuading the hardware
>> | guys to embrace the toolkit won't be easy. They're already working
>> | overtime to build better-looking gear on their own.
>> `----
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/kkam5 (msn.com)
>
> Can you imagine the junk that would come out of this? Wow!

Worse than the Origami UMPC? Can't be! It was disastrous. Yesterday I read
that they /already/ prepare the next rev. I can't remember the idiotic twist
to the name Origami... but it was more miserable than the predecessor. Maybe
they should actually start producing computers from paper. It will
definitely wight less than that Origami dumbbell, which the user is supposed
to hold with just one hand.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
  2:05am  up 9 days 14:20,  9 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.22, 0.28