Re: [News] Linux Basher Sees Profits Plummet

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 29 July 2006 10:06 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> McAfee profit dips amid stock option probe
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| McAfee shares fell 13 percent to $20.85 in after-hours trading from a
>>| close of $24.02 on the New York Stock Exchange.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6099443.html
>>
>> (That's the company that blames Linux for Windows viruses)
>
> As I noted before, they /need/ windows, and they /need/ windows to be
> insecure.  Linux is useless to them, as is OSX, as neither of them
> suffer from the virus problem.

I  came across something quite awkward yesterday. I wouldn't
manage  to find my way back to the article (URL), but  there
was  something to imply that McAfee had snuck its nose  into
the  Linux  mobile  platform alliance. I  can't  recall  the
context  and  I  don't see why mobiles would be  a  form  of
attraction  to  an AV maker, especially given that Linux  is
used. Speaking of selling a placebo...

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/07/19/palm-anti-virus-the-scam/

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom
Cpu(s):  17.8% user,   2.7% system,   0.6% nice,  78.9% idle