Re: [News] eWEEK Ranks Linux Above Other Operating System

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 28 July 2006 22:26 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> http://www.eweek.com/slideshow/0,1206,l=&s=27378&a=184493,00.asp
>>
>> * Linux kernel at number 6.
>>
>> * Red Hat Linux at number 19
>
> I'm pleased to see that Fedora Core 5 made an appearance at number 7
> ... as (presumably) the host for VMWare. Historically RH deserves its
> place, but I'd argue that FC is now superior.

As long as you don't portray it as the cutting-edge testing ground for RHEL.

http://trends.newsforge.com/trends/06/07/11/1431207.shtml?tid=138&tid=2

,----[ Snippet ]
| Will Woods, the new test lead for the Fedora Project, has only been in
| his position a few weeks, but already he has a clear goal in mind.
| Whenever Fedora is mentioned on Slashdot, he notes, "There's always
| someone who will comment that Fedora is just Red Hat's beta test for
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). It's not true, and I want no one to
| have cause to say that ever again."
`----

Clusters I use for applications and computation run Fedora. Never a quirk,
never a downtime.