Re: [News] Xandros Linux Features a 50% Discount

__/ [ Jim ] on Saturday 29 July 2006 04:15 \__

> Oliver Wong wrote:
>
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Xandros Offers 50 Percent Rebate on New Linux Products
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>>                http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1995771,00.asp
>>
>> <quote>
>> The regular Home edition sells for $39.99, and the premium edition sells
>> for $79.99. If users upgrade their operating system from Windows 98, 98SE
>> or ME to Xandros 4.0, they can receive a 50 percent mail-in rebate, the
>> company announced July 28.
>> </quote>
>>
>>     It sounds like if you run XP, or any distribution of Linux, you're out
>> of luck. =/
>
> not really, it's incentive for 9x/ME users on legacy hardware to update to
> a modern, secure OS for far less than a new computer with a colander of an
> OS (read: XP). Legacy support, in this case, better be (and I would only
> expect it to be) second to none. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Xandros  needs  to  grow its community. So, I am  sure  they
would  not mind giving your the discount even if you fail to
prove  that  you  run pre-histrical (the history  of  zombie
armies) Windows at home. In fact, Xandros happen to be among
the (if not the) only vendor/s to advertise under 'linux' in
Google. The only other company is Microsoft (Get the Fact).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
Swap:  1036184k total,   360180k used,   676004k free,    68848k cached