Re: Windows Licence Onlone Costs As Much as Half the Hardware

  • Subject: Re: Windows Licence Onlone Costs As Much as Half the Hardware
  • From: Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:29:33 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
NoNamer wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> More affordable PCs hit Singapore markett (or How Expensive is Windows?)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The SGD 399 made-in-Singapore PCs runs on the Pentium 4 platform with a
>> | Linux OS, but for an extra SGD 200, you get the same PC running Windows
>> | XP.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/technologynews/view/221732/1/.html
>
> In other news, car buyers note that Lexus cars are more expensive than
> the new Chevy Aveo.  Core 2 Duo's more expensive than Celerons!  Black
> Angus steaks more expensive than Taco Bell tacos!!!!!
>
> OMFG what *is* this world coming to???
>
> Now you are saying Windows is more expensive than Linux!?!?!?!?!?
>
> OMFG!!!!

There is a big difference here. Paying the extra $200 for Windows is like
paying an extra $200 to buy a boat anchor to bolt to the back of your car.

I have proof positive that Windows is much slower. I have a communications
application that runs under Windows and Linux. The same code when compiled
under Linux is 50% faster.

Window is lipstick on a sluttie old whore. Anyone with any sense keeps far
far away for fear of catching some nasty virus.

Ian