Re: [News] Linux Offers /Too/ Much

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Friday 28 July 2006 18:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:08:33 +0100
> <5176475.9EfGFkRFnx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> With Linux, enough is sometimes too much
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | You'll be hearing more about Ubuntu in future columns. For now, though,
>> | I hope the major enterprise Linux players are paying attention to Ubuntu
>> | and other more streamlined distributions. In an ideal world, there would
>> | be distributions custom-tailored for different categories of workers
>> | -- sales forces, accountants, and even graphics professionals. In
>> | theearly days of Linux, offering the user everything under the sun was
>> | laudab le. These days, it's time to start offering just what each user
>> | really needs.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://www.pcwelt.de/news/englishnews/109171/
>
> Actually, Windows might be the one offering too much.
>
> Too much malware.
>
> Too many viruses.
>
> Too much spyware.
>
> Too much money paid to Microsft.

> :-)

Too many Easter Eggs in the almighty notepad.exe

Too much time spent on Solitaire (I must have burned many zozens of hours
playing Solitair on WIndows 3.11)

We could also add:

Too many crashes

Too many reboots

Too many CD's that contain drivers (otherwise supplied with the Linux
distribution)

Too many rants... *smile*

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | SuSE, Mandriva, Fedora - Gotta love them girls
Tasks: 135 total,   2 running, 131 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie