Re: [News] Investigations Adopt Open Source Approach

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 20:03 \__

http://www.journalism.co.za/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4292&CAMSSID=5679d1deaa6398e41f2ba0d762bda1b8

> Hey - I like this.  The more we get of this, the more we could decouple
> news & documentary work from major vested interests.

Interestingly, some have been calling blogs "Open Source journalism". Here
you have somewhat of an extension or formalisation of this idea, which has
also reached other news sites (ZDNet and another one that I saw earlier
tonight). And, much to my surprise, PJ liked it enough to post it. I had
second thought about posting it to COLA...

Open Source investigations are death knell to journalism that favours and
shelters commercial sponsors by eclipsing their biggest rivals.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Previous signature has been conceded
Tasks: 131 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie