Re: Does google follow tinyurl links?

  • Subject: Re: Does google follow tinyurl links?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:16:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ www.1-script.com ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 03:31 \__

> spasmous wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if google follows links redirected from tinyurl?
>
> Unless they have a specific (manual) policy against tinyurl.com, it
> should. tinyurl.com shortcut returns a 301 redirect to the actual long URL
> and that should be honored by Google (and others for the matter) just as
> the long URL itself.

I suppose it may lose 'energy' (value) though. I got the impresson (from
Cutts) that some redirections are perceived as though they are indicate of
grey/blackhat.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
Cpu(s):  17.6% user,   2.6% system,   0.6% nice,  79.1% idle