Re: Nearly All Windows Boxes are SPAM Zombies

dsteel0@xxxxxxxxxxx said:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 26 July 2006 08:27 \__

Naw, they should just be not allowed to connect to the web.
That's a tough policy to make a reality, though. But I must

<snip>

But hold on. Because you're shooting yourselves in the foot here guys.
The article clearly says:

*Habeas tracks 140 million IP addresses that send e-mail. "Over 99
percent of those are evil," Habeas CEO Des Cahill said.*

So of the 140 million IP addresses that send mail, all >99% of those
boxes are Windows? In that case, Linux can't be doing as well as you
think, huh? Have I not read in here that Linux is *overtaking* Windows
in new server rollouts? If that's the case, there must be a fair few
Linux servers taking part in this spamming.

DSt.

there's a difference between server OS and user OS. linux is overtaking in the SERVER area. the spam is coming from the USER area. just to clarify