Re: Who the fuck is this Roy Schestowitz person?

  • Subject: Re: Who the fuck is this Roy Schestowitz person?
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:47:37 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:25:27 -0400, Donn Miller wrote:

> Interesting how the mob mentality works.  Is it a result of some sort of
> cult mentality, that like minds tend to be drawn to the same "cause"?

As it relates to COLA:

I think that it's two things.
1. An unhealthy obsession with an inanimate object that most people could
give a rat's ass about.
IOW an operating system, be it Linux, OSX or Windows.

2. A paranoia that leads them to believe that Microsoft paid trolls are
in their midst trying to attack them.

> This group used to have a religious fervor to it that seems to have died
> down recently.

That's because the group has become an rss feed for that nutsack
Shysterwitch.

It's thousands of messages like:

Hp is using Linux in a hot air balloon.

And then the response by shill Mark Kent:

Wow that's great.

Then Shysterwitch:

Yea, I would hate to have to reboot that server.. yuk yuk!!!

It's the same pattern over and over and over again.
No advocacy at all.

 Especially rapskat seems to have been a little
> fanatical, but I do agree with some of his points; just not to the
> extremes that he and others do.

Rappy was extreme, I agree and I still don't think he could ever play that
many videos and do all that other stuff on that underpowered machine.
However, I know rappy means well and he and I have discussed some audio
stuff (ogg vs mp3) offline a little and we agree pretty much.

Whatever the case, rappy is a good Linux advocate.
His posts spawn discussion and as such are an archived wealth of
information for people searching the web for Linux information.

Contrast that with a barrage of News posts that can be found in 100
different places.
Sure they are on topic, mostly, but interesting?
Since I subscribe to many of the same feeds, I don't think so.