Re: [News] Subsidiary of Shanghai's Stock Exchange Chooses Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 25 July 2006 18:35 \__

http://www.webwereld.nl/articles/42119/shanghai-securities-company-to-use-turbolinux.html

> Hehehehe - I just /lurve/ that last line up there... :-))

Last line of the snippet or the actual article. They should become more
skeptic when buying Dell too. Remember that Dell laptop that exploded in a
Japanese conference last month?

Maybe it got overly occupied sending SPAM using the local wireless network.
At least it got 'intercepted'. For each dead/converted Windows box, there
are a million spam E-mails less. For each machine that is designated for
Vista, 10 million spams are awaiting... and the spammers drool all over
their shirt just thinking about it.

Wait and see! SPAM is going to become a major and centric issue in the next
couple of years. Something has got to give. And one company will take the
blame when millions of people are connected sporadically and get
disconnected repeatedly.

Linux in 2008: stay online forever (100% uptime too)

Windows in 2008: "how are you feeling today?"; "Who 0wnz you today?";
"R U on-line?"

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Open syntax, Open API's, OpenSuSE
Cpu(s):  16.7% user,   2.5% system,   0.6% nice,  80.2% idle