Re: [News] Why OpenOffice? Because you Get to Keep the Car

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Tuesday 25 July 2006 15:14 \__

> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 15:04 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft offers you a "test drive" so that you can see what Microsoft
>> | Office 2007 might look like when it finally goes on sale.
>> |
>> | The OpenOffice.org Community invites you to go one better - download
>> | a fully-functional, legal copy of the OpenOffice.org 2 office suite
>> | today for a test drive. If you like it, use it free for as long as you
>> | like. We say it's the ultimate no-strings-attached test drive - if you
>> | enjoy the test drive, keep the car!
>> `----
>>
>> http://why.openoffice.org/
>>
>> I think they took/borrowed the analogy from desktoplinux.com...
>
> I'm sure you are right - I've certainly seen it before.
>
> Now tell me honestly - do you think that desktoplinux.com will sue?;-)

I've just entered "desktop linux test drive openoffice" into GoogleBar (not
the official, homebred one), pressed the fig leaf and voila!

When it comes to free software and publishing, imitation and adoption are
flattery, if anything. *smile*

http://why.openoffice.org/ used to be using FUD to spread itself ("Microsoft
Office is frequently pirated yada yada..."), so I am glad this was changed.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/ >
Cpu(s):  16.5% user,   2.5% system,   0.6% nice,  80.3% idle