Re: Can Roy take a hint? Probably not

Sinister Midget wrote:

> On 2006-07-22, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> something concerning:

>>>  Pound salt, Erik. If you don't want to read Roy's posts... don't read
>>>  them.
>>
>> Perhaps you should actually READ what I wrote.  I said I didn't have a
>> problem with him posting them.  The problem is that 90% is crap, as
>> evidenced by his low popularity ranking on Digg.
>
> Why does his popularity on Digg bother you so much, Erik? Why is it
> important to tell us how (un)popular he seems to be on Digg, Erik? Why
> do you continue to beat that dead horse in COLA, Erik?
>
> This might be 3 more you never answer. I'll do you a favor and count
> them all as one, m'kay?
>--
>"Until we had this concept of Web services, software on the
>Internet couldn't talk to other software on the Internet."
>-- Bill GatesÂÂÂChairman,ÂMicrosoftÂÂÂ10/29/2003

whew, where was Usenet (Tom Truscott and Jim Ellis*) and IRC (Jarkko
Oikarinen*) and Compuserve (Dr. John R. Goltz & Jeffrey Wilkins*) before
Microsoft, eh?
And just what were the folks at DARPA* thinking in the first place?
Not to mention, Tim Berners-Lee*?

*ALL verifiably cornerstone players in the conception and development of
what we now know collectively (and maybe technically incorrectly) as the
Internet.
--
When all else fails...
Use a hammer.