Re: Roy Schestowitz Abused By Police At Gay Bar!!

  • Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz Abused By Police At Gay Bar!!
  • From: Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:03:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 00:28:27 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:09:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 21 July 2006 13:33 \__

>>> That's what I suspected when I read the OP. The followup was a coverup (for
>>> self). That Gary is one heck of a mentally-disturbed/challenged man.
>>
>> Oh, I very much doubt that he's anything but sane as you or I. He's what
>> around here is called a complete twat.
>>

> He does seem to suffer from mood cycles, and has maintained hundreds
> of different nyms, many at the same time, over many years.  Peter K
> has a good list, but even he admits he's probably not got all of them.
> I doubt even Gary really knows how many there've been.  It strikes me that
> entering an environment for the express purpose of getting attention by
> the deliberate use of inappropriate behaviour is not what I'd say would
> be normal behaviour.  Perhaps, to an extent, it could be considered
> to be immature, but Gary is not a young man.  Personally, I'm of the
> view that he's not 100% well or normal, is perhaps on some medication,
> or perhaps is a depressive or similar, and the bursts of nyms and shifts
> in apparent position reflect his mood shifts at those times.

Nah, I don't buy it. This is what hne does for kicks. You're looking at it
from the wrong end. From his POV, we're a bunch of dickheads he can wind
up like clocks, and *he's* the hero.

It's just a pity he goes too far, like with this thread-title and earlier
content. Homophobic crap like that is justtotlally unacceptable in today's
world*

> Of course, he could just be a complete tw*t, but there we go :-)

I thinnk people do tend to behave differently online, especially in forums
of this kind. There's little or no come-back, no regulation, and
gradually inhibitions are lost. If we're honest, we've all probably said
things here that we wouldn't say in the Real World, simply because we know
the other person can't touch us.

That said, such dedication to nymshifting and causing offence -
particularly when you consider he's perfectly capable of sensible
discussion - is a little peculiar. It's not something I could be bothered
with, personally. Just keeping up with reading this group, and
occasionally posting/replying to posts, takes up a fair bit of my free
time.

Let's face it, this group is never going to be 100% sweetness and light
:-) and it's not unique to COLA.

* (To any film buff among us; I finally managed to get the DVD of Dirk
Bogarde's excellent 1960 film about a gay barrister caught up in a
blackmail plot, back when it was still illegal for men to have sex. Well
worth watching, especially for idiots who think homophobic abuse is funny
- they should watch and learn).

--
Kier