Re: [News] Dutch municipality Chooses Migration to OpenOffice, Prepares for Linux

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:55:06 +0100
<1795354.X7U8OFJsGY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 21 July 2006 14:27 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Dutch municipality Groningen migrates to OpenOffice
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> (Original in Dutch, I couldn't quickly a translation service that handles
>>> a Dutch->English route)
>>>

> http://tweakers.net/nieuws/43575/Gemeente-Groningen-stapt-over-op-OpenOffice.html
>>
>> Another one for the wiki :-)
>
> Or a map...?
>
> http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/open-source-risk.png

What, no arrows indicating where the advancements are going?  :-)

Cute, to be sure -- although not horribly informative as
to the relative sizes of the Linux infantry, compared to
the installation sizes of Microsoft.

But one's gotta start somewhere...and I suspect such info would
probably cost $1000 through some sort of consultation agency anyway. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.