Re: [News] Office 2007 Baffles Users

  • Subject: Re: [News] Office 2007 Baffles Users
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 04:42:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 31 May 2006 16:24 \__

http://www.vnunet.com.nyud.net:8090/vnunet/news/2157114/office-2007-beta-logs-500

http://www.sysadmin.it/eng/news/news.asp?id=1585&titolo=Proof%20of%20Concept%20Virus%20for%20StarOffice%20Appears

>> This could also affect OpenOffice.
>
> I guess, then, this makes the case others have tried to make that it
> doesn't matter if users run as root.

Oh, definitely. The notion is glaringly obvious. If you log in as root, you
work in a mine field. The prompts and wallpaper tell you this in SuSE (or
SUSE, according to Novell).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  4:40am  up 34 days 11:12,  11 users,  load average: 0.71, 0.83, 1.00