Re: [News] Red Hat Push for Openness and Linux Adoption

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 10:41 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Red Hat returns to developer roots
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Red Hat has unveiled a series of products and projects that aim to
>> | further push adoption of open source applications and open content.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2157288/red-hat-returns-developer-roots
>
> I think it would be fair for them to make this side chargeable, it is
> intended for the protection of commercial products anyway, so I don't see
> that anyone could object to it being an avenue for income for RH.

True. On the brighter side of things, those among us that are using Fedora
(used a cluster of these earlier this morning), find that the benefits can
be reaped as well. I must admit that Fedora seems rather robust. I only hear
negative things about the installation and I don't quite like its looks,
RedHatPM packaging system (Synaptic would be favourite, don't know Zen yet),
and corporate binding. I often think of Fedora Core as a set of RH
experiments; as in, let the lab rats play with Fedora and improve our cash
cow, RHEL.

Best wishes,

In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? --Anon
 10:55am  up 34 days 17:27,  9 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.80, 1.21