Re: If you hate stupid confirmation dialogs...

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 10:56 \__

> Wow.  This is a bit excessive:
>
> <http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=151250154&size=o>

Seen this in Digg. Reminded me of:

,----[ Quote ]
| End users may find the security measures that will be shoe-horned
| into the 'operating system' "disruptive", while independent software
| vendors will suffer short-term pain, the analysts' latest report warns.
`----

                        http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31548

Let the user control this behaviour, /a la/ KDE. Uniformity is not
necessarily novel, especially when it is braindead.

* User inserts blank CD into drive

* User opens Media Player/Nero/<put your favourite here>

* User drags ISO file onto program

* Program prompts user: "This files seem like it may contain a Linux
distribution. Are you sure you want to proceed?"

        < QUIT PROGRAM >   < ABORT >   < CANCEL >   < OK >

* If <OK>, then: "We advice that you do not burn this CD as an ISO. Would you
like to burn this as a file?"

        < YES, SIR >   < OK >   < QUIT >

I guess you see where it goes from here. Also see: