Re: [News] Linux Market Share Soon to Exceed 12%

__/ [ ray ] on Saturday 03 June 2006 22:03 \__

> On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 05:38:35 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> OLPC to push Linux desktop share beyond 12 per cent
>>
>> Third world Linux laptop computer to kickstart Linux on the desktop
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The One Laptop per Child project will boost the market share of Linux on
>> | the desktop to about 12 per cent, claimed the projects chairman
>> | Nicholas Negroponte.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2157498/olpc-boost-linux-desktop-market
>
> That's cool, I guess. It already has 100% of my five home desktops, and
> 100% of the eight seats the local library has for public access internet.

100% over here as well. When it becomes a majority or "the only choice" there
are no interoperability or communication perils, which makes everything
easier.

        Noteworthy: http://www.pledgebank.com/100laptop

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
  9:05pm  up 37 days  3:37,  11 users,  load average: 1.03, 1.76, 1.90