Re: [News] Linux Market Share Soon to Exceed 12%

__/ [ Ian Hilliard ] on Sunday 04 June 2006 18:35 \__

> Ian Hilliard wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>

> http://news.com.com/2100-7349_3-6071505.html?part=rss&tag=6071505&subj=news
>>>
>>> Some of my claimed above were revealed to the public a few days after
>>> this fist scoop from CNET (they still advertise Vista, by the way, just
>>> like Linux Today).
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>

>> Isn't nice to see that there is no mention of the OS in use. For those in
>> the know, this generally means that it is Windows as the OS would have
>> been specified otherwise. Unfortunately for Joe Sixpack, he just thinks
>> that every OS but Windows has problems, because Windows doesn't get
>> mentioned alone with the long list of crimes, which have been possible to
>> commit because of the inherent lack of security in Microsoft Windows(TM).
>
> Come to think of it, outside of the trade press, Joe Sixpack generally
> doesn't get to hear that there exist other OS's than Microsoft Windows(TM).

It is a crazy world we live in, Ian. Even this redundant one-liner I could
not help but utter.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E