Re: Has my site been unbanned??

  • Subject: Re: Has my site been unbanned??
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:09:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Paul ] on Monday 05 June 2006 19:06 \__

> On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:57:07 GMT, "Georgie" <filmfind@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>My site www.ring-tones.us was banned about Febuary 2005, there was no
>>results in Google for site:www.ring-tones.us and the PR dropped to 0.
>>
>>Now the PR is 1. This means my site's ban has been lifted, does it not.
>
> The way I see it, yes.

I concur with Paul.

> If it was greyed out, then you should worry.

Not necessarily. Google is broken. *wink* Well, not toolbar PageRank, _yet_.

>>There's still no results for the site: search but it's only one page
>>anyway.
>
> You won't have results. All it says is "Ringtones website is currently
> down. Expected to be online again in Summer 2006. While you wait,
> check out some other free ringtone websites."

*gasp* Did I hear "ringtone"?! Are you by any chance one of the arseholes
that shower my blogs with hundreds of spam comments? I hate poker. I hate
ringtones. I even almost, just _almost_, hate pr0n.

> Hardly inspires spiders to keep coming back, so if I were you I would
> add some content. Not only that, some of the sites linking to may
> remove their links as you have nothing to offer anyone. And if that
> happens, then you could go back to PR0

Whatever you do, keep it clean. And whatever it is that got you banned in the
first place, I imagine that you very much deserved it. Your niche is a
whorehouse that kills Web 2.0 (defined as "things that can be spammed").
Sorry to have been so direct and prejudiced...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
  8:00pm  up 39 days  1:33,  11 users,  load average: 5.19, 4.52, 3.96