Re: Has my site been unbanned??

__/ [ tonnie ] on Monday 05 June 2006 20:49 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Paul ] on Monday 05 June 2006 19:06 \__

>>> The way I see it, yes.
>>

>> I concur with Paul.
>>

>>> If it was greyed out, then you should worry.
>>

>> Not necessarily. Google is broken. *wink* Well, not toolbar PageRank,
>> _yet_.
>
> Toolbar Pagerank has been broken from day 1, it never showed the true
> PR. It was merely there to give the boy's something to play with.

No, that's pr0n.

>>> You won't have results. All it says is "Ringtones website is currently
>>> down. Expected to be online again in Summer 2006. While you wait,
>>> check out some other free ringtone websites."
>>

>> *gasp* Did I hear "ringtone"?! Are you by any chance one of the arseholes
>> that shower my blogs with hundreds of spam comments? I hate poker. I hate
>> ringtones. I even almost, just _almost_, hate pr0n.
>
> The latter is merely a glitch of manhood. :)

Oh, there's this other industry and niche that I totally forgot about. It
offers remedies to 'glitches of manhood'.

>>> Hardly inspires spiders to keep coming back, so if I were you I would
>>> add some content. Not only that, some of the sites linking to may
>>> remove their links as you have nothing to offer anyone. And if that
>>> happens, then you could go back to PR0
>>

>> Whatever you do, keep it clean. And whatever it is that got you banned in
>> the first place, I imagine that you very much deserved it. Your niche is a
>> whorehouse that kills Web 2.0 (defined as "things that can be spammed").
>> Sorry to have been so direct and prejudiced...
>
> The fact that the whole niche is, doesn't make him a ... well you know.
> Now a days, even SEO is becomming a jucky word. And god knows what these
> these pimps are up to.

The same thing with the hacker-cracker crossover. I have come to the point of
being 'ashamed' of being in some hackers mailing lists. The word got
associated with troublemaking and wrongdoing; not justifiable so. Even some
spammers would say they do SEO, as means of embellishing their daytime job
description and make it sound like an occupation.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
  8:55pm  up 39 days  2:28,  11 users,  load average: 3.37, 3.41, 3.41