Re: [article] Google launches web spreadsheet

__/ [ Paul ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 12:22 \__

> from : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5051610.stm
>
> Internet search engine Google has released a web-based spreadsheet
> application, on a limited test basis.
> Spreadsheets are software applications with grid of rows and columns
> and some calculating capabilities, which allow users to input or
> organise information.
>
> <snip />

Oh, yeah! *smile* I saw it this morning, but it was unrelated to SE's. The
most awkward thing (to me, at least) is that around this time a year ago
(March or April), Brin said that Google were not competing with Office or
working on a Web-based Office-type suite...

How time and greed change people...

Nest up; eBay killer, VoIP, Wi-Fi, private Web, Wikipedia copycat (MS started
one already), on-line banking ('wallet'), offshorn IT services (third
parties). Well, almost everything... as long as people trust Google so
blindly. They already store people's data locally (GDrive, Google Desktop
3/4. Analytics, maybe Sitemaps and cache)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
  1:15pm  up 39 days 18:48,  11 users,  load average: 3.64, 3.67, 3.54