[News] Why Ubuntu is Better than Mac OS X

Yes, I posted this yesterday and managed to get into the front page of Digg,
but here is the most recent comment from the highly influential Mark Pilgim
(the writer and programmer behind the Dive Into Mark blog).

,----[ Quote ]
| Yeah, the UI still isn't as slick as Mac OS X, even the "full" desktop
| suites like GNOME and KDE (although KDE does have a lot of eye candy).
| I'll be the first to admit that the OS X interface is slicker. But on the
| flip side, there are a *lot* of things you can do out-of-the-box on Linux
| that require third-party software on Mac OS X. A keyboard-based
| application launcher (OS X needs Launchbar or QuickSilver). System-wide
| theme changer (OS X needs ShapeShifter or ThemeChanger). System-wide
| notification system (OS X needs Growl). Multiple desktops (OS X needs
| Desktop Manager). Ubuntu also comes with a feed reader, a BitTorrent
| client, an IM client (that talks to *every* service), an IRC client, a
| VNC client, a full-screen video player, and a complete office suite
| that saves your documents in an open ISO standard by default (and can
| also read and write MS Office files). This is not fanboy hype either;
| all of these things really work, and I actually use them on a regular
| basis.
|
| Oh, and it's all free as in beer *and* speech.
`----

Let this inspire you.

        http://diveintomark.org/archives/2006/06/02/when-the-bough-breaks