[News] Malware Industry Cannot be Trusted

Can the malware industry be trusted?

,----[ Conclusion ]
| Today, players like McAfee, Symantec, Norton, and dozens of other firms
| fight for a share of a market worth tens-of-billions of dollars a year.
|
| [...]
|
| The Windows economy is a tough arena to play in. You have to keep
| Mister Gates happy to survive, and even then, there isn't any guarantee
| that your niche in the market won't be gobbled up by the next release
| of Windows. Of course, sometimes the little fish try to bite back. That
| is what Symantec is trying to do now to prevent Vista swallowing them
| whole.
|
| It may be that if you do business with Microsoft on a regular basis, you
| get used to working in an ethics-free environment, and you begin to
| practice the same black business arts as the master. Whatever the cause,
| hat I see happening in the malware business today reflects Microsoft's
| own ethics-free practices. I'm not convinced there is an honest firm
| in the whole mess. So in my humble opinion, the answer to the question,
| "can the malware industry be trusted?" is a resounding "No!" What do
| you think?
`----

http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/06/06/1832223&from=rss

BTW: Microsoft OneCare is now sold for a discount price and AOL started their
own anti-malware product. It's like financial party over the lack of
security in Windows.