Re: Roy Schestowitz - Pirate

  • Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz - Pirate
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:35:14 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:26:27 -0700, Chirag Shukla wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>> He is evidently a PHD student and where he can find the time to post all
>> of this *stuff* and still complete his studies
>
> I wonder about that. He could be a very bright student. Yes, it is not
> very common for PhD candidates to find this much time to read articles,
> quote news, read and post messages - and detailed ones in some cases.
> My guess is that he could be a really good student with a lot of
> passion for Unix/Linux. Well, about his university begin bothered about
> the use of their computers? Hmm, thats a question only Roy or his
> university can answer.

It goes beyond being bright.
The physical time needed to look up, research and post that many articles
and replies, literally 24x7 is a red flag IMHO.

> But to me, he seems to bright student until proven otherwise.

Nothing will ever be proved and personally I don't care one way or the
other because I believe in free speech and also because he makes it easy
to filter the noise.
It's his life.
I'm only bringing up what I consider to be an oddity.

--
flatfish+++
"Why do they call it a flatfish?"