Re: [News] Windows Vista Drops ANOTHER Feature

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Vista Drops ANOTHER Feature
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:13:01 +0100
  • Jlaforums: I am NOT a "Guest", I am BANNED from JLAforums but they STILL archive my USENET posts!
  • M$-windows: Bullmanure-enhanced.com
  • Machine: Test drive
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 05:13:18 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Vista gets out of PC sync
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft has dropped a feature from Windows Vista that would have
> | allowed people running the new operating system to keep data
> | synchronized among multiple PCs.
> |
> | The software maker said quality concerns were behind the decision to
> | drop the feature, which allowed people to keep files up-to-date across
> | multiple Vista machines.
> |
> | "While PC-to-PC sync is a great feature that improves productivity and
> | collaboration we don't have it at the quality level our customers
> | demand," Microsoft said Wednesday in a statement.
> `----
>
> Judging by that last statement, maybe they should just call it quits and
> abort Vista altogether.
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-6081232.html?part=rss&tag=6081232&subj=news

It's dropping apart, like an old car in the middle of the road.

--
Micosoft - "We'll get it right sometime, maybe"
Menawhile, here's Ballmer doing the "Funky Gibbon"