Re: [News] Xbox Running Linux Used as a University File Server

__/ [ Michael B. Trausch ] on Saturday 10 June 2006 00:07 \__

http://digg.com/linux_unix/This_website_is_down_because_someone_removed_the_X-Box_

> That link doesn't work, but this one does:
>
> http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/50428/50428.html?Ad=1

I find the end of the story rather amusing. Rather than 'firing' the XBox,
they just added a prominent note to say it was a Web server. It's ironic.
The expenses on XBox hardware is covered by Microsoft, which in turns
cripples its own presence in the server room.

But, hey! Just as they brag about the number of machines with Windows
pre-installed (never mind the fact that Linux soon gets it wiped), they can
boast the the sheer number of Xboxes and rave about the success of this
gaming unit.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  4:35am  up 43 days 10:08,  10 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.66, 0.83