Re: To Kind comp.os.linux.advocacy Readers

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Please ignore
> their attempts to pull the tricks above, by ignoring.

I hope emphasis is given on *ignore* as in not reply back and continue
the discussions. Keep on posting the interesting things about Linux.
Some articles are outstanding. Its really surprising, though, that you
get time to read and post news so often. Boy, you should be one
passionate *n*x user and a smart student.

> The description of this group goes somewhere along the lines of "the
> advantages of Linux compared to other platforms" (Google Groups, quoted from
> memory). Put differently, maybe negatively: "the disadvantages of platforms
> that are not Linux".

Why put it differently/negatively? I have found that users are not
delighted when disadvantages of other OSes before mentioned before
advantages of Linux. Mentioning what Linux (more so, specific
distributions) can do, and then mentioning how other OSes dont even
come close has helped me.

I guess this group needs to be a lot more tolerant in hearing
base-user's problems. Imagine COLA as a car dealer and some user comes
up and says that they dont get proper acceleration. COLA group would
shout back to the user saying their car works great. Is the user buying
that car? I doubt it. Fake posters are recognized quickly by the group,
so thats where ignorance is bliss. Users often scream at anything that
doesnt work as they want it to. As advocates, our being tolerant would
definitely help. `man command` doesnt help new users either.

> Sometimes your enemy's weaknesses can be perceived as
> your strengths.

Other's weaknesses can never be our strength until we take advantage of
it.