Re: [News] Xandros Offers Better Wi-Fi Support, NTFS Writing Capabilities...

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:16:43 +0100
<1187711.TS4NLossh4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Xandros Linux provides better wireless support
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The new edition will extend this with the ability to read and write to
> | an NTFS partition, the native file system used by Windows.
> `----
>
> http://www.itweek.co.uk/itweek/news/2158535/xandros-linux-provides-better

Erm...I'm assuming this incorporates things such as those provided
by

http://www.linux-ntfs.org/

since until recently Linux could read from and write to NTFS provided
that the size of the file being written to wasn't altered.

It appears that the 2.6 driver can also extend uncompress, unencrypted,
non-sparse files, if mounted through a loopback driver.  Some tools are
available at the user level, such as ntfsinfo, ntfsresize, and
ntfstruncate.

Interesting stuff, if incomplete at present, but it looks active.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.