Re: [News] GNOME's New Main Menu Revealed

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Monday 19 June 2006 00:37 \__

http://reverendted.wordpress.com/2006/06/17/show-me-that-new-gnome-main-menu/

>> Ugh, I certainly *hope* that's not where the GNOME folks are going.
>
> Well, maybe they are aiming to work well on PDAs.  That interface would
> almost fit on a Palm device...

PalmSource folks are basing their revamped OS on GTK. This could come handy.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5981

Nokia's Maemo platform is Debian-based too, so it is routed in GNOME/GTK. On
the other side of the pond, there's Trolltech with Qt. They get a lot of
business (recently IPO'd), due to increasing demand in the mobile sector.

Lastly, there are 6 giants liaising to create a new Linux-based mobile
platform, which will compete with Windows Mobile and Symbian.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Community is code, code is community
  6:05am  up 52 days 11:19,  13 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.64, 0.77