Re: [News] Microsoft France Cracked!

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Sunday 18 June 2006 21:19 \__

http://securitydot.net/news/exploits/vulnerabilities/articles/1820/news.html

>> Screenshot: http://securitydot.net/mshack.png
>>
>> Could be as bad as Apple (see top right)
>>
>>         http://www.flickr.com/photos/kernelpanic/sets/283374/
>
> Heeheeheeheehee! That's a good giggle!

While the pages I had bookmarked (for evidence) are no longer available,
another Turkish cracker (or the same one) defaced about 20,000 Web sites,
the large majority of which were running on Windows.

Also of interest:

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this week I blogged about the case of Turkish hackers defacing
| a record number of websites.  38,500 sites were defaced in a single day
| by hacker iSKORPiTX who used an automated mechanism to attack what
| appeared to be an exploit in a sloppy implementation of ASP code (more
| than 21,000 sites listed here).
`----

                http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=239

Why is it kept so quiet?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  3:20am  up 52 days  8:34,  13 users,  load average: 0.90, 1.28, 0.73