Re: Abuse report filed for excessive spamming.

  • Subject: Re: Abuse report filed for excessive spamming.
  • From: Peter KÃhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:04:50 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
arachnid wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 13:50:37 -0700, hans.kim1967 wrote:
>
>> I have filed an abuse report with X-Complaints-To:
>> usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I have also emailed
>> pg-admissions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx advising them of one of their students
>> not only abusing usenet for his own personal gain but also using
>> University resources to do the same.
>
> LOL! Then when they check in the newsgroup to see what he's up to, they'll
> see that you're an unknown here and that Roy's posts are on-topic and have
> the support of a fair number of the regular (non-trolling) posters in this
> group.

I personally don't like them at all. But they are on topic. And no spam at
all, even if most wintrolls would like to make that stick. It still doesn't

>> I come to comp.os.linux.advocacy to read about people debating Linux vs
>> other operating system not to read news that I can find in other
>
> More likely you come here to troll and don't have the guts to post
> personal threats under your regular nym.

Oh, he is changing his nyms. One other he posted under lately was

carlos.linux@xxxxxxxxx

Meaning: Not only doesn't he have the guts to post under his own name, he
even hasn't enough to stick to a single alias

I could not be bothered to check for others, as I still have precious little
time to burn after recovering from a broken right hand

>> locations. Hopefully this will put an end to the spamming and that is
>> exactly what it is spamming. These messages get little or no replies and
>> thus are one sided. I plan to take this all the way to the top of said
>> University should I have to.
>
> This makes the second time a wintroll has violated one of the most sacred
> rules of Usenet by attacking a poster in his personal life. Roy must be
> doing something right for you guys to be sticking your necks out so far.

It wasn't the second time. Not by a very far stretch.
Erik Funkenbusch seems to have made a hobby out of "character
assassination", assisted by most of the vile trolls

--
Windows was created to keep stupid people away from UNIX."
  -- Tom Christiansen